ON THE INTERNATIONAL VIDEO CONTEST
on the topic:
“Energy Transition: Dialogue of Generations”
These Regulations (hereinafter – the Regulations) determine the rules and procedure of the Contest, define the organisational and preparatory processes, the rules of participation and selection of winners, as well as the procedure for participation in the International Video Contest on the topic of “Energy Transition: Dialogue of Generations”Contest Goals and Objectives:
To promote among young people the energy transition and intergenerational dialogue in promoting knowledge and technologies that contribute to sustainable energy development.Objectives:
- To engage the youth of the World Petroleum Council (hereinafter – the WPC) member countries in exploring and promoting the energy transition through video and social tools;
- To find and support talented and motivated young people in the industry who share the principles of sustainable energy development;
- To promote the energy transition and the role of all generations in its implementation.
The Contest consists of the following stages:
- Acceptance of applications and entries from contestants – September 1 - September 10, 2022;
- Summing up the Contest results, selection of winners – September 1-25, 2022;
- Awards Ceremony during the Forum – September 29-30, 2022;
- All possible changes will be published on the website: www.wpcyouthforum.org
- Participation in the Contest is free.
Contest Entry Requirements
- Youth aged 17 to 35*;
- University students, employees of energy companies, experts, representatives of youth committees of WPC member countries, other interested youth.
- The Contest is carried out by accepting an application and a link to a video (in the form according to Annex 1) on the topic of “Energy Transition: Dialogue of Generations”, exploring the energy transition and the role of generations in shaping a sustainable energy future;
- Videos and animations may include presentational, educational, social, art and game elements, graphics and statistics on the topic;
- Contest videos must be posted on the contestants' own social networks: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc., using hashtags: #wpcyouthforum, #wpcalmaty, #wpccontest, #wpcqazaqstan;
- Applications, as well as links to videos, must be sent to the email address of the Kazakhstan National Committee (hereinafter – the WPC KNC): email@example.com;
- Contest entries must be in English;
- Contest entries must not contain any political, national or religious content;
- maximum duration of the video: up to 1.5 minutes, format: mp4, wmv, mov, avi;
- audio-voice narration is compulsory (in English);
- all music, photo or video materials used in the video must be copyrighted or licensed (having a proof of purchase of rights to use the musical piece from a paid or free resource, a permission from the copyright holder), or belong to the category of public domain/use;
- only completed original works that meet the goals and objectives of the Contest are eligible for participation;
- video material shall be submitted to the Contest in the form of a download link, which must be available until November 1, 2022.
Summing up the Contest Result, Selection Criteria and Awarding of Prizes:
1) The Kazakh-British Technical University (KBTU);
- The Contest entries will be evaluated and selected by a Jury that will be composed of representatives of the World Petroleum Council, the WPC Youth Committee, the WPC KNC, Universities, and the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The full composition of the Jury will be published on the website: www.wpc-qazaqstan.com;
- All Contest participants will receive Certificates of Participation. The Contest winners will be awarded with Diplomas of the WPC President and the WPC KNC, as well as valuable prizes;
- The Contest winners – university students or enrollees – have the opportunity to receive, in addition to the main prizes, special educational grants* (please see Note) awarded by the following Contest partners:
2) The Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satbayev;
3) The Atyrau Oil and Gas University named after S. Utebayev.
- All Contest participants (upon agreement with the WPC KNC) will be provided with a free delegate package to participate in the VII WPC Youth Forum (on 29-30 September 2022, in Almaty, KBTU);
- The Contest winners’ video materials will be posted on the official YouTube channel of the KAZENERGY Association with the name of the author.
Grants will be distributed only among the following two categories of participants:
1) Current fee-paying 1-4 year undergraduate students of the Kazakh-British Technical University, the Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satbayev, and the Atyrau Oil and Gas University named after S. Utebayev
2) Enrollees in 2023 Bachelor’s degree program.Copyright and Personal Data:
- It is the responsibility of the author who submitted the Contest entry to ensure that it complies with copyright law;
- By submitting an entry to the Contest, the participant agrees that in the event that claims are made against the WPC Kazakhstan National Committee by third parties for infringement of intellectual property rights arising from the exhibition of such entry, the participant undertakes to settle the claims made and/or compensate all losses incurred by third parties and to compensate for other payments established by the authorised bodies at his/her own expense;
- By submitting their entries to the Contest, the authors automatically give the Contest Organisers the right and their consent to use the submitted material for non-commercial purposes (placement on the Internet, in TV programmes, participation in creative projects, publication in the media, further replication, etc.);
- The Contest participants give their consent to the collection and processing of their personal data (last name, first name, patronymic, e-mail address and other personal data of the Contest participants).
Telephone: +7 (7172) 79 49 70;
FOR THE INTERNATIONAL VIDEO COMPETITION
on the topic: “Energy Transition: Dialogue of Generations”